Vegetable and lentil lasagna
Perfect for winter time, this vegetable-packed lasagne is the ideal tasty family meal.
- 1 bunch spinach
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 12 lasagne sheets, pre-cooked
- 350ml tomato purée
- 400g mozzarella cheese
- 475ml cooked lentils
- 2ml dried basil
- 2ml dried oregano
- 250ml cheddar cheese, grated
- 60ml parmesan cheese grated
- Wash and steam spinach until it is just limp.
- Drain spinach and chop it.
- Spread the tomato purée on the bottom of a lasagne pan.
- Add a layer of lasagne sheets, and cover with more sauce.
- Sprinkle with one-third of the mozzarella cheese, one-third of the lentils and one-third of the chopped spinach on top.
- Sprinkle some of the basil and oregano on top.
- Continue layering lasagne, sauce, cheese, lentils, spinach and seasoning.
- Finish with a layer of lasagne, cover with sauce. Sprinkle with grated cheeses and the last of the basil and oregano.
- Bake at 180°C for 30 to 45 minutes.
Image courtesy of pykmi/Flickr
Back to Recipes