A nutritious family favourite, full of flavour and ideal served with mieliepap or samp.
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, peeled and diced
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- 1 large red pepper, diced
- 1 large yellow pepper, diced
- 1 large green pepper, diced
- 4 large carrots, peeled and grated
- 1 – 2 small red chillies, seeded and diced
- 1 x 215g tin baked beans in tomato sauce
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Heat olive oil in a pan and fry onion until transparent.
- Add garlic and cook for a few minutes.
- Add peppers, carrots and chilli and stir fry.
- Add the baked beans and cook for another 5 – 10 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve with mieliepap or samp.
Image courtesy of stuartajc/Flickr
Back to Recipes